Kuula Poké is an exciting, new fast-food brand, offering chef-inspired Hawaiian poké bowls made of healthy premium ingredients and Asian-inspired toppings. Our first site on Colmore Row, a short walk from Snow Hill Station, offers poké through multiple food delivery channels: dine-in, grab-and-go, click-and-collect, home delivery and corporate.
Based at our Central Production Kitchen in Cradley Heath, we have an immediate need for an enthusiastic Kitchen Assistant.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To keep the kitchen clean, washing cooking utensils and work surfaces as required.
- To prepare our foods, using correct health and safety guidelines and in the correct manner.
- Ensure that portion control specifications are adhered to.
- Ensure that foodstuffs entering the kitchen are correctly stored and that stocks are rotated.
- Monitor cleaning and temperature check schedules.
- Ensure strict adherence to correct procedures and comply with hygiene and safety regulations when operating and cleaning kitchen equipment.
- Ensure that work areas are kept clean and tidy at all times and that foodstuffs are handled in a safe and hygienic manner.
Some previous experience in a professional kitchen environment is helpful but not essential. Attitude and motivation are more important: a quick learner, keen to work, committed and above all professional. Let us know if you have a full driving licence.
Job Type: Full-time, 8:00am - 3:00pm Monday to Friday (with some occasional weekend working).
Salary: to £8.25/hour (depending on age) plus holiday pay