Account handler credit control
Account Handler (Credit Control) - Permanent
This financial services client has an exciting opportunity for an Account Handler to join a continuously expanding team. With amazing prospects for future development and growth and all the benefits of working for a large UK wide employer, this role is one not to be missed.
The Account Handler will complete a monthly cycle of tasks to support performance across the company. The role will involve liaising with all members of the team, managing broker relationships and working towards ensuring that all internal and external SLA's, targets and objectives are met. The Credit Controller is responsible for chasing outstanding invoices and collections of premiums; playing a vital role in the cash-flow of the organisation.
- Preparing, validating and rendering broker statements to ensure they are accurate and current, for use in chasing debt.
- Liaise extensively with external parties to bring about enhanced payment performance and to ensure work is appropriately prioritised within brokers.
- Establish good work relationships with brokers.
- Ensure feedback received is comprehensive and addresses all criteria thus providing dashboard users with a true and accurate position.
- Monitoring and chasing of all methods of placement to ensure prompt settlement of premium by telephone, email and meeting.
- Escalate all issues relating to processing and payment performance, bordereaux provision and quality, broker query resolution etc. to management to ensure these are incorporated in relevant client reports.
- To ensure that all client queries / requests are appropriately logged in accordance with current procedures and to maintain appropriate records relative to all processes undertaken.
- To provide progress and status reports to management and / or client management as required.
- Strong excel skills - you must be able to do Macros, V look ups and formula's
- Ability to interpret and manipulate data clearly and accurately with the ability to extract and identify key issues
- Someone who can evidence a strong analytical approach
- Detail conscious and accuracy
- Switched on person who can interpret analytical information
- Ability to build effective relationships (internally/externally), establishing credibility amongst an extensive client group
- Confidence in speaking to other parties via telephone
- Ability to work to tight deadlines within a team environment, with good organisational, communication and presentation skills
- Good numerical skills, with the ability to work accurately and showing attention to detail
This role would suit people who also have the following experience: Credit Control, Debt Management, Insurance Account Manager, Claims Account Manager.
Hours: Monday - Friday - 37.5 hours per week
Salary: GBP18,000 per annum
Brampton Recruitment are an independent Commercial and Accounts & Finance recruitment agency working in partnership with employers spanning Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, Cheshire, and the Greater Manchester region.