Project Manager, Construction
Job Title: Project Manager
Job Purpose : To manage resources (people, finance and physical assets) in order to fulfil the assigned project(s) safely, on time and to the required quality while maximising customers satisfaction and gross profit on projects.
Implement all policies including those for S.H.E and risk management. To promote values towards its customers in order to meet or exceed their expectations, and fulfil the vision of becoming the most highly respected company in the industry.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
Health, Safety & Environment
- To implement and comply with SHE policy and procedures, all legal requirements, and best practice.
- Prepare Construction Phase H&S plans, CDM paperwork, SSoW, Risk assessments and all associated reports and compliance documentation
- Promote and implement environmental policies
- To achieve the planned gross margin for assigned projects and to contribute to the achievement of the areas budgeted gross margin and profit
- To financially manage (revenue, costs and cash flow) the projects
- To lead, manage and motivate the staff on projects and to establish its full commercial contribution to the organisation.
- To ensure the project has the required capacity, capability and competency of staff
- To plan managerial succession Customers
- To manage operational communications and relationships with customers, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers and government agencies for the projects.
- To establish and maintain the best relationship with the client, through and beyond construction, to satisfactory completion, and to deliver improved value to the client and company.
Quality of Delivery
- To fulfil contracts safely, on time, and to the required quality while maximising gross margin and customers satisfaction. In particular, to ensure compliance with policies, procedures and best practices relating to the implementation of the project(s) and the management of the site(s)
- To work out and plan operational requirements for internal and external resources. In particular to select subcontractors and ensure that subcontractors appointed to work on site are competent both in technical and safety matters
- To implement the project plan and ensure compliance with the projects accepted contractual terms and conditions
To implement and ensure compliance with, and support the development of, policies, procedures and standards:
- risk management
- corporate governance
- Solidify Client relationships
- Manage all aspects of SHE to achieve zero AIR
- Manage and maintain 100% compliance with SHE Policies
- Manage projects to deliver financial performance against QR and P/L
- Achieve high customer satisfaction results
- Manage Staff absence and turnover
- Manage and improve staff performance
- Achieve programme delivery on time and in budget
- Achieve quality right first time
- Maximise opportunities to deliver best value, best practice and innovations
- Manage all available resources to deliver the project safely, to a high standard and within budgetary constraints.
Ability to negotiate and manage difficult situations.
Considerable experience of complex project management activities and delivery of planned project works programme
Construction Degree or extensive knowledge and experience
Current H&S qualifications or working towards them SMSTS or IOSH Managing Safety CSCS card Scaffold 3 day inspection and system scaffold awareness Temporary works First aid Fire Marshall Duty to manage asbestos Asbestos Awareness Manual handling Cat 4 training
Excellent communication skills
Your expert recruitment consultant is Andrew Husselbee, call today on or email
Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Eden Brown Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.