We have an opportunity for a Tutor to join our team based in our Lichfield Centre. If you are successful, you will be joining us on either full or part time, permanent basis and you will receive a competitive salary of GBP18,000 - GBP26,000 per annum + a range of fantastic benefits.
Juniper are an independent established training provider who have been assisting young people to move forward and achieve for 35 years. Delivering Traineeships, Study Programmes and Apprenticeships we help young people across the country to take positive steps forward in their lives.
In 2013, we undertook the "Best Companies" assessment which gathered in the views of all our staff on what it's like to work here. We were delighted to achieve a 3 Star rating - the highest available - testament to our commitment to our staff.
Health and well-being benefits we offer our people:
- JFit - this is a scheme where employees participate in an exercise of their choice for 45 minutes, for 3 times a week, over a year (April to March) and earn extra annual leave for simply taking part
- Health Shields - Cash back on health needs, such as, dental, physiotherapy, eye tests, prescriptions!
- EAP - Our scheme to help any employees with any personal problems that may impact their health
- Critical Illness Cover
- Flexi Holidays - Including an extra day off for your birthday!
- Cycle to work - We offer the opportunity for all staff to participate in the fantastic Cycle to Work scheme
Key responsibilities as a Tutor will include:
- To deliver engaging, effective and innovative group training sessions to students
- To engage external speakers (employers, business people, celebrities, progression/support agencies) in order to enhance the learning experience
- To plan and facilitate enterprise projects
- To deliver GCSE/functional skills qualifications (where applicable)
- Arrange and facilitate motivational visits/activities
- To assess and map units for BTEC portfolio and assess readiness for FS/GCSE exams (where applicable)
- Invigilate exams and mark functional skills exam papers as appropriate
- Ensure that student attendance & retention targets are met
Essential skills and abilities we're looking for in a Tutor:
- GCSE Level 2 English & Maths (or working at)
- To deliver effective training sessions to groups
- To persuade & influence others and deal with conflict/challenging behaviour
- To build rapport with target group and retain their attention during training sessions
- Innovative & solution focused
- Competent in use of IT
- To meet targets and provide a quality service to all stakeholders
Within 6 months:
- Level 3 Teaching qualification
- Level 3 in English or/and Maths
- Level 4 Teaching qualification
- Subject Specialism - English and/ or Maths Assessor qualification
- Experience of delivering training to 16 - 18 year olds
If you would like to join our team as our new Tutor then please click 'apply' today - don't miss out, we'd love to hear from you!