Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Due to an internal promotion we are recruiting a Financial Planning & Analysis Manager in Staffordshire. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well established team at a pivotal time for the business. You will be working for a leading services sector business, leading a small finance team with a key focus on budgeting and forecasting.
This role is integral to the finance department. You will be responsible for putting financial planning & analysis at the heart of the decision making process for the business. Working as part of the head office function and closely with the Financial Controller - this role focusses on project accounting and decision support for various projects, including special events and major capital developments. In addition; business planning and budgeting cycles and forecasting in each year.
Alongside other duties you will be primarily responsible for managing and reducing operational and production costs and implementing newer, more effective strategies; establishing and maintaining financial policies and management information systems.
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Deliver the forecast process for the business
- Deliver the capital budget for the year
- Deliver the budget process in line with strategic targets
- Play a key role in the business development planning, working with the Senior Finance Management Team on long-term planning, capital requirements and investment appraisals
- Support the preparation of business cases for new developments whether capital or operational in nature
- Maintain all Capital Expenditure reports and ensure that all expenditure is approved in line with local and group GAD before expenditure takes place
- Support all managers in the preparation of Capital requests
- Completion of all monthly capital reports both internally and to Group
- Ensure the Fixed Assets additions list is updated monthly and is accurate in accordance with standards
- Ensure the accuracy of the Fixed Asset Register and depreciation calculations
- Regularly review the Fixed Asset Register and ensure all necessary disposals are approved and recorded in line with the Group Finance Manual and GAD.
- Prepare all Fixed Assets reconciliations as required
- Work closely with the Marketing department on volume budgets and forecasts. Provide challenge and understanding of assumptions to ensure that budgets and forecasts are realistic and in line with strategic direction.
- Business partner and coach the management team to improve financial decision making within operational departments
In order to be successful in this role you must demonstrate the ability to lead a team, inspire them, ensure all employees have up to date performance reviews, objectives and PDP's . Alongside succession planning for your team is in place, maintain ethical and professional standards both within the department and within the management team.
Working closely with a Senior Management Team. Leading a Finance Team. Excellent Communicator and problem solver. Extensive Financial Planning & Analysis skills.
Financial Planning & Analysis. Experience of consolidating a budget and forecast, managing a financial planning forecast. We're looking for a self-motivator who is confident working with a senior management team. As is good organisation skills and attention to detail.
CIMA/ACCA qualified or qualified by experience. You will hold appropriate experience of operating at this level with an excellent working knowing of Excel. Candidates who are not professionally qualified are invited to apply.
Position - Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Location - Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
Salary - GBP35-40k
Privacy notice: At H2 Consultancy we take your privacy seriously. We process personal data relating to people who apply for job vacancies with us or who send speculative job applications (this could include name, address, email, phone no., qualifications, employment history). The information provided by a candidate will only be processed and used to contact you as part of the recruitment process - note, we may contact you about the specific job you have applied for or about other vacancies which we feel you may be suitable for.