Content and Social Media Manager (5F0282)
The Content and Social Media Manager is responsible for the production of website and social media content from brief to finish. We want to make sure Help to Buy customers know exactly how the equity loan works. Your team will need to write, create, edit and package content for use on multiple channels. You will need to initiate creative ways to distribute and amplify content. We are committed to writing in plain English and aim to achieve the Internet Crystal Mark on our websites.
The Content and Social Manager role is to:
- Lead and develop team members.
- Oversee the production, review and approval of website and social media content from brief to publish.
- Manage the Help to Buy website content and social media channels.
- Use evidence, data and research to create, update and review content.
- Develop the social media policy and make sure it's adhered to.
- Write clear and compelling content with a consistent style and tone of voice, and a commitment to writing in plain English.
- Develop a content calendar for updating the website and posts for social media.
- Manage relationships with internal customers; making sure messages and information are clear, consistent and accurate.
- Provide strategic advice and counsel on content and social media to the wider Help to Buy team.
- Develop effective internal and external relationships with Help to Buy colleagues, corporate communications, finance, legal, external partners (government and delivery partners).
Responsibilities- Demonstrate experience in communications, content creation, social media and digital.
- Strong writing, visual and storytelling skills, and able to adapt style for different channels.
- Experience managing websites and social media channels.
- Must be a team player, with strong communications and project management skills.
- Experience using CMS, analytics, design and publishing software e.g. Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to build effective relationships and collaborate with colleagues.
Homes England is an executive non-departmental public body with its own terms and conditions, benefits and pension scheme. We are a government agency working in partnership with the private sector and want to employ and retain great people. In return we offer a range of excellent benefits.
Holiday - Homes England offers all staff 33 days annual leave per year in addition to 8 statutory bank holidays.
Working Flexibly - At Homes England we have a strong culture of flexible working and encourage all employees to have a healthy work/life balance. We offer a wide range of potential working patterns, including part time, job share and compressed hours.
These need to be balanced with business needs so they will vary from job to job. If you would like to know more please speak to the Recruiting Manager.
Health and Wellbeing - We offer health screening with Nuffield Proactive Health Clinics, a free Employee Assistance Programme which offers confidential support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week as well as access to Occupational Health.
Professional Development - At Homes England we are committed to your continued professional and personal development with learning as one of our core values. We pay for one job-related professional membership subscription per year for our employees.
We also offer an excellent range of family friendly benefits, for example, maternity, paternity, shared parental leave.
If anyone has any queries on any of these terms and conditions, please get in touch for further information.
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
Selection process details
All appointments are on Homes England terms and conditions. Full time hours for this post are 35 hours per week; alternative flexible working arrangements would be considered.
Please note - Homes England has a responsibility to ensure compliance with HMG Baseline Personnel Security Standard to address the potential problems of identity fraud, illegal working and deception generally. To ensure compliance we will carry out a pre-employment Personal Identity and Vetting Report through Equifax to meet the standard and you will therefore be asked to provide certain information in order that the verification check can be carried out if you are successful in your application.
Should an appointment be made to a London base location a London Allowance of GBP3,883 will be paid per annum.
Homes England are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
At Homes England we acknowledge that everyone is different. The diversity of our people, our partners and the communities we work in is reflected by their diversity of differences, qualities and needs.
We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects the society we live and work in. We are also committed to creating an inclusive work place culture that supports diversity and inclusion allowing all our colleagues to bring their whole selves to work without fear.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer that values and respects the people who work for us. Our aim is to be an employer of choice, enabling everyone to reach their full potential.
We believe achieving equality, diversity and fairness of opportunity is our shared responsibility and we work hard to ensure that as an organisation, we are all accountable for its delivery.
Homes England is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data. For further information please refer to our Privacy Notice which can be viewed here:
Jobs go public link to Civil Service:
For more information on the role and how to apply, please visit the Civil Service Jobs page:
(Select 'Organisation', and then scroll down to 'Homes England')
Please note - we do not accept CVs as a form of application
Interview location and dates to be confirmed.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Open to UK, Commonwealth and European Economic Area (EEA) and certain non EEA nationals. Further information on whether you are able to apply is available here.
Working for the Civil Service
Please note this Post is NOT regulated by the Civil Service Commission.
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Apply and further information
Contact point for applicants
Name : Recruitment Team