Purchase Ledger Clerk
Purchase Ledger Clerk
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join our Retail & Services based client at their head office in South Stoke on Trent. This is a varied role, will suit a dynamic and motivated individual. You will be reporting into the Ledger Manager, supporting full purchase ledger process.
In your role as Purchase Ledger Clerk, you will be supporting all aspects of the purchase ledger function and carrying out a range of tasks including:
- Processing purchase invoices
- Matching purchase invoices to orders and delivery notes
- Liaise with other departments and suppliers regarding any queries that arise in an efficient, polite and professional manner
- To ensure credit notes are obtained from the supplier where applicable
- To ensure supplier accounts and queries are kept as up to date as possible
- Dealing with purchase invoice and supplier queries
- To reconcile supplier statements on a monthly basis
- Prepare and assist with payment runs
- To act efficiently and timely on external and internal correspondence
- To be responsible for all filing and archiving of paperwork
- To assist where necessary with the opening and distribution of the post
The right person for this role will have a strong background in a purchase ledger position. Have a flexible approach and be confident working as part of a team.
You should have strong communication skills and be a confident problem solver. We're looking for someone with a can-do attitude who is a self-motivator. As is good organisation skills and attention to detail.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office, Excel) - Essential
- Excellent numeracy skills - Essential
Position - Purchase Ledger Clerk
Location - South Staffordshire
Salary - GBP19-22k
Privacy notice: At H2 Consultancy we take your privacy seriously. We process personal data relating to people who apply for job vacancies with us or who send speculative job applications (this could include name, address, email, phone no., qualifications, employment history). The information provided by a candidate will only be processed and used to contact you as part of the recruitment process - note, we may contact you about the specific job you have applied for or about other vacancies which we feel you may be suitable for.