Supported Living Accountant
Reporting to the Head of Business Development, this role supports the existing and expanding supported living business.
This is a critical role as we work with housing providers to deliver strategic growth opportunities as more Local Authorities commission supported living placements.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working with detail to ensure completeness and accuracy of records and accounting as well as liaising with external parties openly and eloquently in order to offer a first class service.
Key responsibilities include:
- To co-ordinate the relationship with all housing providers.
- To ensure starter and leaver processes work correctly every time.
- To ensure housing benefit is maximised by housing providers by providing data for annual rent reviews and ensuring that Voyage Care receives its appropriate share of this income.
- To invoice housing providers for the appropriate repatriation of funds ensuring compliance with VAT rules.
- To invoice people we support to recover monies owed, again ensuring compliance with VAT rules liaising with Benefits team as appropriate.
- Allocate cash received from housing providers
- Check invoices received from housing providers are in line with service level agreements.
- To identify and report void beds by property by way of a weekly occupancy report.
- Calculate month end accruals for housing benefit income that has not yet been invoiced.
- Conduct monthly balance sheet reconciliations for management accounts purposes.
- Participate in conference calls to assist in the mobilisation of new supported living schemes/de-registrations.
- Complete any ad-hoc project work or financial analysis as and when required.
- Support the Business Development team with tender submissions.
- AAT or equivalent
- Strong communicator
- Enjoys working with detailed records
- Keen to make a difference
- Able to manage own workload and prioritise accordingly
- Experienced with Excel
In return for your dedication and commitment, you'll work in a sector that is truly rewarding. You'll work closely with our frontline teams to promote the fantastic work happening across the company and help to make a real difference to people's lives. In addition, you'll get the usual stuff, such as:
- Competitive salary
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, plus birthday off
- Retail discount benefit scheme
- V-Assure, a free 24 hour, confidential and independent help line
- Life Assurance
- Flexible working
- Cycle to work scheme
Apply today to join our fun, supportive marketing team!
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. We are an equal opportunities employer.