Purchase Ledger Administrator
Purchase Ledger Administrator | Birmingham Area | Permanent | GBPNegotiable depending on experience
An exciting developmental opportunity available for an experienced Purchase Ledger Administrator to join this modern, forward thinking business
Seymour John are delighted to be working on an exclusive basis with this leading edge business to recruit for a Purchase Ledger Administrator. The business has substantial growth plans in place, which should see this role develop in the future.
Reporting into the Financial Controller the successful candidate will be fully responsible for this complex and interesting Purchase Ledger function for this business. Your duties will involve:
- Taking full total ownership entire Purchase Ledger
- Ensuring the ledger is up to date and tidy - including monitoring aged creditors and proactively seeking to reduce
- Weekly preparation and execution of supplier payment runs
- End to end processing of purchase invoices
- Matching purchase orders to purchase invoices and resolving any discrepancies
- Reporting on invoices without PO's and challenging individuals who make unauthorised purchases
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- All purchase ledger monthly reporting
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to resolve any outstanding queries
- Adhoc purchasing requirements
- Purchase ledger administration
- Providing Sales Ledger and Credit Control holiday cover when required
- Process refinement and development
- Adhoc tasks including month end.
- Audit, Year end and half year end tasks as per Financial Controller
This is a hugely varied role and would really suit someone who is AAT part qualified, with previous Accounts experience and who is looking for a challenge! You will have solid purchase ledger experience with a 'can-do' positive attitude with the ability to take full ownership of the purchase ledger. Previous experience of an ERP system with the ability to use excel is highly beneficial. We are looking for a strong communicator who can demonstrate sound initiative and good time management to complete tasks with excellent attention to detail.
Hours of Work : 9.00-5.30 (1 hour lunch) flexibility with hours after passing probation period
Competitive Salary depending on experience plus additional benefits, study support and free parking
For further information please contact Kerry at Seymour John Ltd -