Are you looking for an excellent opportunity to gain hands on community and events fundraising experience in a busy but friendly charity environment?
Ambitious about Autism is the national charity for children and young people with autism. We provide services, raise awareness and understanding, and campaign for change. Our vision is to make the ordinary possible for children and young people with autism and our mission is to help them to learn, thrive and achieve.
We are looking for a volunteer to support the community and events fundraising team across all their activities as they raise vital funds from our portfolio of events including Night of Ambition, Royal Parks, London to Manchester Cycling Challenge, London Marathon and more. This opportunity is ideal for someone who is keen to obtain a wide understanding of fundraising and gain transferable fundraising skills and experience.
Our volunteer's task list includes the following:
- Assist with administration and implementation of our major fundraising events in a variety of ways including:
- Compiling goody bags, counting and managing stock
- Sourcing auction items
- Making good luck and marketing calls
- Creating inspiring social media content
- Cheering on participants on the day
- Support with guest and volunteer management
- Active marketing of our events
Our ideal volunteer looks like this:
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, resourceful and flexible
- Have experience of MS Office applications, particularly excel and some knowledge on Raisers Edge
- Have good analytical skills
- Able to think laterally and produce original materials
- Trustworthy and able to maintain confidentiality
- Flexible, enthusiastic and a committed team player
Ideally, we would like somebody for approximately 3 days a week for a minimum of 3 months, but we would be flexible for the right candidate. This is an unpaid role but lunch and travel expenses can be reimbursed.
We are looking for a candidate that can start from Monday 12 August to Friday 6 December 2019.
Our key events during this period include:
- London to Manchester - 31 August - 1 September 2019
- Royal Parks - 18 October 2019
- Night of Ambition - 28 November 2019
The role will be based at The Pears National Centre for Autism Education, Woodside Avenue, Muswell Hill, London N10 3JA but will include occasional travel to events etc.
Apply today for this wonderful opportunity to support a fun, vibrant and hard-working Fundraising team!