SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN teaching assistant - September 2019
Birmingham (Selly Oak)
A special state school in Selly Oak is seeking an enthusiastic SEN teaching assistant to start full-time in September 2019.
The school, which specialises in helping students aged 9-19 who have learning difficulties, speech and communication difficulties, sensory impairments and autism, has recently been awarded a 'good' report from Ofsted and takes pride in providing an inclusive educational community.
Classes are relatively smaller and are usually between 10-16 students per classroom. A teaching assistant is expected to support the leading teacher by working with much smaller groups, or, in some cases, with certain individuals.
Being a SEN teaching assistant is both challenging and rewarding and the role is likely to vary hugely on a day to day basis. Some of the duties would include but not be limited to:
- One to one support of students with extra special educational needs
- Assisting the leading teacher with the whole class - including behaviour management
- Liaising ahead of time with tutors about upcoming lessons and what will be required of them.
- Safeguarding young people.
- Having and understanding and patient manner with strong communication skills.
- Ready and available to work from September 2019
- Able to provide own transport to and from Selly Oak
- Level 3 qualified / Degree level education
- Experience working as a teaching assistant
- Experience working with individuals with special educational needs.
Apply now for an immediate interview.