Employment Advisor - Yardley
Remploy, in partnership with MAXIMUS is an employee owned commercially focused employment services organisation that is the UK's leading provider of specialist employment support for disabled and disadvantaged people.
We are recruiting for an Employment Advisor to join the team based in Wrexham, but also providing cover to North Powys.
The role is part time, 4 days per week.
To conduct a range of recruitment and development activities, to enable and inspire candidates to achieve the highest levels of independence throughout the candidate journey, by meeting and exceed performance targets for individual activity and job outcomes through to sustained employment, in compliance with legislation, contract and provider guidance, and Remploy's Quality procedures.
- To assign the candidate to the most appropriate element of the Remploy service or that of another service partner.
- To support candidates to identify their barriers to gaining employment and sustaining employment.
- To manage the candidate experience, inspire and gain commitment to overcome barriers through successful delivery of development plans at all stages of the candidate journey through to sustained employment.
- To meet or exceed KPIs and performance targets as set by the Line Manager
- To ensure contract compliance by accurate data entry, completion of contractual and internal documentation and/or provider guidance
- To make effective use of appropriate resources to ensure commerciality and value for money
- You may be required to perform one or more of the activities below as required
- Deliver a menu of appropriate development activities to create a pipeline for employment opportunities and which addresses the candidate's barriers to gaining or sustaining employment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt to a wide range of communication and learning styles
- Strong interpersonal skills, specifically around listening, questioning and building relationships
- Influencing skills that promote commitment and action
- Customer focused with a strong commitment to customer care
- Disability Capability
- Computer skills
- Numeracy and literacy skills to facilitate management reporting
- Strong team player with a positive and flexible approach to both work and colleagues.
- Creative problem solving skills and a positive approach to challenging and overcoming limiting beliefs
- Ability to plan and organise workload to meet required targets and deadlines.
- Experience of people development in an individual and group environment
- Experience of working to structured targets and deadlines
Remploy is committed to developing, maintaining and supporting a culture of equality and diversity in employment in which our employees as well as candidates for employment are treated equitably. We understand that a diverse workforce adds to our competitive advantage; and as such, we aim to ensure that job applicants do not receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, part-time or fixed term contract status, sexual orientation or religion, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable. Advertisements for posts will include sufficiently clear and accurate information to enable potential applicants to assess their own suitability for the post.
Where reasonable, Remploy will review and consider adjustments for those applicants who express a requirement for them during the recruitment process