Site Engineer - Water
My client is a Tier 1 Main Contractor delivering a major water project, they are seeking an experienced Site Engineer to join them on a long term contract opportunity. The successful candidate will need experience working in the water sector.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- To perform a technical, organisational, engineering role on construction/water projects.
- Responsible for marking out sites, levelling out, surveying the site, applying designs, and plans and liaising with sub-contractors.
- To check drawings and quantities and ensuring the calculations are accurate for the work.
- To oversee the selection and requisition of materials and plant for use on site.
- To liaise with any consultants, sub-contractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and general workforce involved in the project.
- To write detailed reports.
- To resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and any other problems that may arise.
Candidates will ideally have:
- Appreciation of civil engineering design and construction - particularly earthworks and setting out
- IT skills - particularly Excel.
- Communication skills - to be able to communicate with site and office-based staff regarding technical issues, in a friendly and helpful way.
- Self-motivated and above all a team player; displaying a medium/long term commitment to learn, share and contribute to the team.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work off own initiative.
- Basic competence in 3D AutoCAD.
- Familiar with import/export of data between GPS, CAD and LSS.
- A valid CSCS Card (other qualifications: SSSTS/SMSTS/First Aid/EUSR desirable).
If you have the relevant experience for this role apply online or call Connor on !
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.