Working for one of the UKs most recognised brands who continue to expand and develop globally, this is an excellent opportunity to work within one of their modern and busy divisions.
To ensure that materials are purchased at the most competitive prices worldwide, on time and to the required specifications.
Focused upon providing a specific purchasing service for the business unit controlled materials.
There are several key areas in which the job holder will be involved including cost, quality, NPI, risk and management.
Some specific duties will include:
• Cost reduction and management- achieving annual cost reduction targets
• Implement Long Term Agreements with assigned suppliers where appropriate
• Early Supplier Engagement - working within the NPI process at product launch
• Driving forward quality PPM improvements and PPAP/APQP compliance
• Monitor supplier financials and report any "at risk" suppliers
Detailed understanding of Purchasing tools and processes including:
• Cost Tracking Tools, Cost Breakdown and key elements of cost build up
• Negotiation Techniques - preparation, planning and execution
• Development of Contracts
• Strategy Development
• Category Management
• Supplier Development
• Purchasing in a Manufacturing Environment
• Familiar with Manufacturing Processes
• Global Sourcing
• An appreciation of "Lean Techniques"
• Working as part of a global matrix organisation
• New Product Introduction process