Airport Placements and HRGO have an excellent opportunity for a Quality Technician for our client in Birmingham.
As an experienced Quality Technician, you will be part of the Quality Department and reporting to the Quality Control Supervisor.
The main objective is to control product quality within the Distribution Centre and support process improvements, while complying with all aspects of the company Quality Management System.
* Complete quality inspections on products and services, including Goods in Checks, in a timely manner.
* Record all details of GIC in GIC log, analyse and report on the outcomes of quality inspections to the Quality Control Supervisor.
* Full and prompt investigation of issues and implementation of corrective and preventive actions.
* Complete NCR/Purge including maintaining NCR/Purge log, to provide Purchasing Department with clear and accurate details providing feedback on recommendations and to support QAC/Purchasing to reduce NCR's etc.
* Complete all quality inspections on returned items, including updating returns queue to include their successful resolution within the agreed time scales.
* Make recommendations for all repair and remakes, assigning relevant responsibility and processing of remake/repair including carrying out some financial analysis.
* Complete Wholesale product checks through Random Quality checks (RQC's)
* Regularly update and complete relevant logs for returns, random quality checks etc. filing all relevant data as required.
* Communicate all pertinent quality issues to the Quality Control Supervisor and relevant Supervisors/Managers.
* Complete document, calibration and internal audits as per schedule, to ensure compliance with the company's quality policy and procedures and any corrective actions.
* Assist the Quality Control Supervisor to ensure that ISO documentation is continuously reviewed.
* Assist with the preparation for external quality audits.
* Assist with training as advised by Quality Control Supervisor / attend training (new products etc)
* Promote and champion a Get It Right First Time approach within the Wholesale Distribution Centre.
* Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
To be successful for this role you must possess the following;
* GCSE Grade C passes to include English & Maths (or equivalent)
* At least 2 years recent relevant experience working within a similar role, within a Quality Department
* Knowledge of ISO 9001 (2008)
* Navision / Blindata
You should have;
* Strong organisational abilities
* Good level of computer literacy
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to work on own initiative
* High level of accuracy with excellent attention to detail
* Assertive and confident manner
* Professional attitude
* Energetic and enthusiastic
* Willingness to work overtime as required
The role requires someone who wants to grow with the business and would be prepared to work towards a recognised Quality Auditor's qualification.
This is a full time, permanent position. Hours of work: Mon to Thurs 09.00-17.30 Fri 09.00-16.30.
The salary is up to GBP20,250, based on experience.
The company is expanding and moving location. Initially the place of work is B6 7BB. From September you will be relocated to Tyseley (exact addresses will be confirmed at interview stage).
The company returns this commitment by offering the following benefits;
30 days annual leave * Life assurance upon two year's service * Opportunity for career progression and development * Pension plan * On-site parking * Attendance rewards * Discount on Company products * Medical appointment allowance.
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply below with your most up to date CV.