network voice engineer
Job Title: Network Voice Engineer
Following separation from our US parent company, we are looking to both insource and modernize our voice operations. This is therefore a new role within Holland and Barrett, aimed at bridging the gap between traditional voice engineering and modern network design. This position will sit within the core networks team responsible for both data and voice network services. You will help design, build and maintain a modern robust communications platform linking both our worldwide retail and corporate estates.
As a talented individual who has come from a traditional voice and network background, you will be passionate about VOIP and be familiar with concepts such as infrastructure as a code, cloud and automation technology. You will be working with a group of voice, infrastructure and ultimately DevOps engineers and architects on maintaining, improving and developing the organization voice infrastructure that provides real time services to our retail and corporate users.
- Maintain and develop the organizations voice infrastructure
- Contribute and deliver against strategic initiatives
- Own the problem, quality, deployment speed and cost (recommend if we should buy or build)
- The idea of learning new technologies appeals to you
- You want to develop and share your knowledge, support your colleagues and you want your team to be successful (it is about the team success not only yours).
- You are detail oriented
- An analytical mindset and pragmatic approach
- Co-ordinate and assist in the creation and upkeep of documentation, procedures, guidelines and schematic drawings
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: design, deploy and manage LANs, WANs, wireless networks, including routers, switches, firewalls, wireless controllers, Access Points, IPPBX and other hardware, maximize network availability
- Help transition the business from traditional voice to a modern digital architecture, as well as supporting and maintaining the current voice systems while they are migrated
- Good knowledge of VoIP software and related protocols such as SIP, RTP, SDP or willingness to learn these to an advanced level; and ideally development experience which you are willing to utilize in a DevOps environment
- Ability to troubleshoot SIP Protocols
- Installing or configuring Session Border Control (SBC) infrastructure
- Secure network system by establishing and enforcing global access control policies.
- Experience of Voice principles and protocols / VoIP, especially SIP
- CISCO Call Manager
- CUCM and CISCO CUBE
- CISCO Telephony/Voice
- UCCX experience
- Good knowledge of SIP
- Ideally Cisco certified