Our client based in Central Birmingham, is currently recruiting for a Contracts Manager on a fixed-term contract basis for 6-8 months. This is an exciting opportunity for a leading public sector organisation, providing quality services to 70,000 customers in the region.
The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis and the salary is circa GBP40,000 depending on experience.
The ideal candidate will have a proven experience of managing and negotiating large contracts.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Building and maintaining effective and productive relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers
* Monitoring and evaluating suppliers and undertaking performance reviews to ensure contract compliance
* Negotiating contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and reviewing opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
* Ensuring a continuous supply of required goods, materials or services and communicating any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact the business
* Provide technical/commercial assistance to business leaders to develop awareness of supply chain processes and improve knowledge
* Supporting the Head of Procurement with the review and development of policies and procedures to respond to the needs of the business
* Attending contract review meetings and representing the Head of Department at business meetings as required
* Setting up systems for tracking and reporting on baseline spend for each category and on savings delivered against that spend
* Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) qualifications/membership
* Knowledge of OJEU regulations
* Market knowledge of Utilities
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: Contracts, Procurement, CIPS, Tenders, OJEU, Utilities
Don't forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to GBP50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*