Financial Accountant required for a truly global business, based in Burton-upon-Trent, Staffordshire. This Financial Accountant role is a great opportunity to join a fast-moving exciting company, working as part of a tight-knit supportive finance team, who can offer excellent training and development, and career progression too.
The Financial Accountant will be responsible for:
- Financial Reporting of a number of subsidiaries globally.
- Group quarterly financial reporting submissions for Group reporting and the preparation of annual financial statements under US GAAP.
- Review and understand trial balances through enquiry and challenge of unusual and unexpected items.
- Completion of monthly account reconciliations.
- Preparation of quarterly and year end reporting submissions to the Group consolidation team in accordance with agreed deadlines.
- Preparation of annual financial statements and associated working papers under US GAAP, including liaison with the Group tax department, Group treasury, and external auditors.
- Liaise with the external auditors on a regular basis and facilitate the audit of the statutory accounts.
- Assisting tax department.
- Ensuring that relevant Sarbanes-Oxley (SOx) processes and controls are adhered to.
The successful Financial Accountant will be a full qualified or finalist Accountant (ACA, CA, ACCA, CIMA) with 2+ years of working in a Financial Reporting role, or as a Financial Accountant within Practice/ Industry. Exposure to IFRS, US Gaap or SOx will be very highly regarded, as will experience with a global consolidation/ reporting package such as Hyperion, and/ or a large ERP system.
In person, we seek someone who can build relationships globally, therefore written and verbal communication skills must be clear, concise and succinct. You will have strong problem-solving skills, enjoy managing multiple projects, and meeting deadlines whilst working to a very high standard.
The package available for the Financial Accountant role based in Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire is available on request - it is very competitive for the area, and the benefits on top certainly enhance the package more so! Please enquire.
To apply for the Financial Accountant position, please click on the apply now button at your earliest convenience, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
This Financial Accountant role is based in Burton-upon-Trent, Staffordshire, therefore it is easily accessible from North West Leicestershire, South Derbyshire and North Warwickshire (such as Derby, Coalville, Lichfield, Fradley, Tamworth, Ashby de-la Zouch, Swadlincote, Uttoxeter)