IT Support Assistant
IT Support Assistant
Circa GBP22,000 per annum (based on experience)
Our client is looking for an IT Support Assistant to join their growing team. The role will be to ensure upkeep of the company's IT equipment & support all staff in having working & suitable equipment for their roles. To support the project team through the provision of project control, planning, administration and reporting. Provide accurate and effective coordination to support the day to day operations by applying expertise towards assignments in a proactive, well organised and customer-oriented manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up of new phones, tablets, computers & laptops for staff
- Monitor PC performance & make improvements where necessary for specific users
- Liaise with our external contract regards Server, PC repair, issues & problem solving
- Target optimisation & continual improvements in our IT systems
- Control IT equipment stock levels including asset management
- Monitor Site communication tools to include Phone and tablet contracts
- Assist workforce with application queries, general usage tips and training where necessary
- To diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, across a range of software applications and services.
- To assist all our users with any IT related incident when called upon and to take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the business as soon as possible; escalating incidents to the appropriate channels, where necessary.
- To be first point of contact for SITELIVE
- Work with GM on GDPR, Cyber Security compliance
- To configure and install new IT equipment and software.
- To resolve incidents and update/upgrade different types of software and hardware.
- To maintain data configurations across the relevant systems.
- Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organisation.
- Exhibit a flexible approach to working and provide necessary cover where needed.
- To work within the relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- To undertake other duties not specifically stated which from time to time are necessary without altering the nature or level of responsibility
Skills - Essential
- Effective Communication skills including an excellent telephone manner
- Honest approach to work
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office and specific in-house software)
- Good level of maths and number skills
- Proven ability to work and learn in fast-paced environment
- Ability to organise work in a timely and effective manner
- Ability to prioritise and organise work effectively creating agendas, minutes, correspondence, documentation and presentations
- Able to multi task on a variety of tasks working independently and, in a team, oriented, collaborative environment
Experience - Desirable
- Capable with IT support, software & hardware
- Capable to diagnose hardware faults with IT equipment
- Experience in an administrative and/or telecommunications role
- Role specific training will be provided
Hours - 8am - 4:30pm Monday - Friday
20 days holidays + Bank Holidays