Project Manager - IT
TNT and FedEx officially joined forces on 25 May 2016; were starting our new future together. A combined FedEx and TNT will enable us to more effectively grow and compete, to better meet the evolving needs of our customers and the global marketplace. For our future team members, as part of one of the strongest transportation and logistics companies in the world, this means more opportunities to grow, learn and succeed.
As part of the IT Back Office function an opportunity has arisen within the IT Human Resources Applications Team for a Project Manager, where you will join a team whose mission is to collaboratively support our HR Business Partners, so that we can implement innovative technologies, which add "real" value to our organisation by improving productivity and access to timely and accurate data in a secure way to aid decision making. This position will also help play a critical role in the delivery of our IT Strategy "Renewal" to help coordinate the modernisation of our legacy systems paving the way for our Preferred Future State (PFS) applications.
In addition to the skills identified below, we are looking for an individual that has a positive attitude and mind-set to how they approach their work. This will enable them to overcome the unexpected challenges that are presented throughout the lifecycle of complex and time sensitive projects. We are also looking for an individual that can not only provide the required project management skills, but will jump in to provide a "hands on "approach when required to help support the organisation and their colleagues.
As a collaborative team made up of individuals that multitask, it will mean that on regular occasions you will also be asked to step outside the Project Management skill set to call upon your Business Relationship Management and analytical capabilities. This will be required so that you can work with our internal stakeholders to understand their current and future business needs from an IT and process perspective, so that we are well placed to help collaboratively deliver those requirements.
In return a robust Personal Development Plan will be implemented to help you build a career in one of the worlds most admired companies with the opportunity on occasions for travel. This coupled with a team environment where everyone supports each other and we continually challenge "how" we do things, makes this a truly exciting opportunity, where you will have purpose and be recognised for doing great work.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Partner, support and collaborate with management in designing, implementing, evaluating and managing the safe execution of all assigned projects
- Effectively estimates costs, timescales and resource requirements for the successful delivery of the project(s) to an agreed scope
- Coordinate internal and external resources to meet project requirements, as defined by the project scope
- Identifies, assesses and manages risk to the success of the project
- Ensures that realistic project and quality plans are prepared and maintained and tracks all activities against the plan, providing regular and accurate reports to key stakeholders
- Actively represents the project team, ensuring that effective relationships are built and maintained with the business
- Terms and Conditions
- The position will be based at Atherstone, Warwickshire. Core hours will be Mon - Fri 8:30am to 5:00pm.