Senior Support Worker
Seeking a Senior Support Worker for permanent position in residential home supporting young people in Coventry
Your new company
This organisation specialise in the support of young people with EBD, Challenging Behaviours, Learning Difficulties, Criminal Behaviour and CSE.
A residential setting, they provide 24 hour support for the young people, 7 days per week and ensure their safety, protection and daily living needs are met at all times.
They are seeking an experienced Senior Support Worker to commence at the beginning of August.
Your new role
As the Senior Support Worker you will be responsible for supporting the young people in the home as well as the other staff members on shift. You will work closely with the young people, build their trust and ensure all of your actions have the young person's best interest at heart at all times.
You will work across all hours which will enable you to understand the full needs of the young people.
Your responsibilities and duties will include:
- Morning routine - breakfast and getting ready for the day
- Daily activities in the homes e.g. puzzles, movies, games etc.
- Regular outings with the young people
- Domestic duties, cleaning and tidying up after yourself and the young people
- Encouraging the young people to make good choices and making them aware of the consequences of their actions
- Regular and specific note taking - documenting every movement for the day
- Encouraging the young people to do their homework and daily tasks
- De-escalation - any incidences or heightened situations, ensuring you are equipped to de-escalate and act appropriately in the situation
- Liaising with other professionals e.g. Social Worker, Police, Families etc.
- Managing other staff on shift if the Registered Manager is not present
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this position you will be an experienced Support Worker and will have worked as Senior Support Worker in most recent years. You will be confident in supporting young people with EBD and Challenging Behaviour and will encompass excellent communication skills along with a friendly and calm nature to be able to connect with the young people.
You must hold a NVQ level 3 in Children and Young people. This is essential for all applications.
You must also be flexible to work across a rolling rota.
Drivers licence is ideal but not essential.
What you'll get in return
In return you will work for an organisation who appreciate and recognise the hard work of their staff. You will work alongside a supportive and friendly team in a positive professional environment.
Your will work full time hours on a 1 day on, 1 day off basis. The day you work will be a full day plus a sleep and then the next day off. This will mean you will work some weekends. You will receive additional pay for bank holidays.
A great location with onsite parking.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Ashleigh Dable on