Sales Ledger Clerk
Working as a Sales Ledger Assistant, this role will involve working as part of a team of five. Responsible for raising invoices / credit notes and updating the ledger on a daily basis and assisting the Credit Controllers in the chasing the overdue debt
The object of the role is to reduce the overall debt and maintain the debtors at the acceptable level.
* Normal hours are 40hrs a week 08:30-17:00
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
* Create new accounts in line with the company process
* Raising invoices/credit notes and updating the ledger on a daily basis
* Dealing with multi-invoices for large clients across multiple divisions
* Generate and distribute sales invoices, including bank upload and inputting on customer portals
* Processing credit card payments
* Pursuing overdue debts by telephone and letter.
* Prompt resolution of queries received via letter, telephone, fax and email.
* Create and maintain good working relationships with internal and external customers
* Preparation of necessary documentation for credit note authorisation.
* Issuing of subsequent credit notes.
* Prompt mailing of monthly statements.
* Maintenance of Pricing Information
* Ad hoc Work / Projects as requested by Management
Skills & Key Requirements
Candidates are expected to demonstrate logical thinking and problem solving abilities, in order to deal with the various issues that may be encountered when chasing payment from the customers.
Successful candidate will be required to:
* Engage with customers and demonstrate a positive approach to Sales Ledger Processes & Credit Control
* Demonstrate the ability to solve problems and ensure that their accounts are kept up to date
* Have a flexible approach to working patterns where required to ensure the needs of the business are met
* A keen attitude to attention to detail and the ability to manage your own workload to meet necessary deadlines.
* Maintain a professional attitude at all times
* Demonstrate a relevant knowledge of Sales Ledger and Credit Control processes and procedures.
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.