IGS is a fast growing state of the art manufacturing facility who are part of the multi-national Specsavers Group - the world's largest privately owned optical group. The site in Kidderminster sits on the Stourport road with its sister site Lens Online that opened in June 2017. We supply across the globe and to UK stores.
Position: Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias)
Location: Kidderminster, Worcestershire, DY11 7FL
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Continental Style Rotation - Nights Based
Salary: GBP30,000 to GBP35,000 per annum plus shift allowance
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established team as an electrically biased maintenance engineer. Engineers are instrument to the planned and reactive maintenance, electrical fault finding, project work and continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will come from a manufacturing or process background.
- Ensure all machines are running at all times.
- Complete jobs in priority of disruption to the business output.
- Ensure all machines are serviced at scheduled times.
- Ensure all machines are calibrated and up to date.
- Whilst working on machines time should be taken to assess the condition and identify any up and coming problems, which should be documented and rectified.
- Ensure all tanks are cleaned out at the scheduled times or as required.
- Regular stock takes are to be carried out and used parts to be ordered.
- Keep work area (de-blocking) stations clean and tidy.
- Maintain good housekeeping throughout both IGS and LOL in areas worked on.
- Maintenance office to maintain the 5s standards.
- Ensure all records are kept up to date.
- Ensure all scheduled service tasks are carried out on time.
- Keep up to date with current regulations.
- Emergency call out cover - 24/7 emergency response and support - Occasionally Required.
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time.
Here at IGS we have our values and behaviours at the forefront of everything we do, they are:
- Focus on customer.
- Act as one Team.
- Make it Happen.
- Embrace Change.
- Lead by Example.
- Have Fun.
You may have experience of the following: Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Technician, Plant Equipment, Electrical Engineer, Multi Skilled, Repairs, Maintenance Engineer, PPM, Planned Preventative Maintenance, Mechanical Engineer, Technician, Corrective Maintenance, Manufacturing etc.