Lecturer in Hairdressing
Part-time, permanent positions available
Our client is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. They have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where they work with over 800 individual employers.
This is an exciting opportunity for a well qualified, experienced and highly motivated Lecturer with significant commercial hairdressing experience to join their successful hairdressing team.
You will be qualified to a minimum of Level 3, and will have significant industrial experience as a hairdresser. If you do not already hold a relevant Level 5 teaching qualification, you will be required to undertake one.
The main duties of the post holder are:
- to teach Hairdressing across the full range of the department's provision.
- to undertake core duties including preparation, marking, monitoring student progress and associated counselling, preparing reports, attending Open Days and Parents' Evenings, setting and marking of examination papers and the preparation of flexible learning materials.
- to act as a personal tutor and undertake the duties associated with this pastoral role.
- to be involved, as necessary, in marketing of the College, Faculty and Department.
- to be involved, as necessary, in Employer Engagement activities.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Has a level 3 hairdressing qualification or equivalent.
- Has relevant commercial or industrial experience.
- Has a good standard of English and Maths (qualified to GCSE or equivalent)
- is well organised and able to manage the peaks and troughs of a varied workload.
What's in it for you?
The college offers an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 days annual leave (plus a 2 week Christmas closure period)
How to apply
To apply for the role of Lecturer in Hairdressing, please click 'Apply Now' to complete an online application form.
(If you are applying via a jobs board, you will receive an e-mail and link that will take you directly to their application form).
The closing date for completed applications is 4th August 2019.
Interviews are to be held week commencing 12th August 2019.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, they welcome applications from all sectors of the community.