Your new role
You will be a part of a Project Management team responsible for the delivery of Smart Motorways and Alliance projects. Projects will include The Smart Motorways Projects and Supporting the Alliance. You will manage a team of people internally including Assistant Project Managers and Project teams, being the project delivery expert providing successful and robust project outcomes. You will connect our skilled people to our road investment strategies, by adding value for creating safer roads. The roles will be based in Birmingham.
You will be a part of a team Delivery team managing the M3 and potentially other Smart Motorways schemes. You will manage a team of people internally including Assistant Project Managers and Project teams, being the project delivery expert providing successful and robust project outcomes. You will connect our skilled people to our road investment strategies, by adding value for creating safer roads. This role can be based in Birmingham.
What you'll be leading on
* Managing internal teams and delivering complex projects
* Managing and maintaining agreed project plans
* Overseeing feasibility and designing assessment work
* Effective delivery of construction phase of large Smart Motorways Programme schemes
* Commission and manage the performance of delivery partners and contractors
To be successful
* Project management experience in large infrastructure schemes
* NEC (New Engineering Contract) contracts management experience
* Sound knowledge of Health and Safety in managing complex projects
* Knowledge of CDM (Construction Design and Management Regulations 2015) would be an advantage
* Be an excellent communicator
A bit about us
Smart Motorways Programme has been created to deliver a network of smart motorways across England and will account for 23% of Highways England expenditure over the next five years. We will deliver technology driven solutions to tackle congestion, improve journeys and add much needed capacity on key parts of our network. The programme has a threefold increase in the number of schemes we need to deliver.
Want to know more?
Please see role profile:
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We're proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it - then you'll be a great fit for our organisation.
And finally we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.