Electrical Design Engineer
Job Title: Electrical Design Engineer - Control Systems
Salary: Up to GBP40k plus fully expensed company car, 28 days holidays excluding bank holidays etc, good pension options
Excellent Career opportunities
Keywords: Control Engineer, Electrical Designer, Lead Design Engineer, Control Systems, PLC's, Commissioning
This company design and supply heavy engineering plant equipment. They have built solid foundations in ensuring they design bespoke equipment that improves the manufacturing processes and production requirements for their customers. .
As an Electrical Design Engineer you will be given the opportunity to be part of and help shape the future of this world class company, driving through best value for the customer, combining innovative ideas with technical experience in order to provide a responsive, high performing service resulting in a high quality output.
Senior members of the team are now retiring which means there are very genuine opportunities to progress to director level
The role involves:
- Design of Control Schemes, wiring diagrams and control panels utilising AutoCAD Electrical
- Specifying all the electrical equipment required for the right operation of the plant.
- Overseeing installation to the customers' requirements
- Programming and Commissioning PLC's and HMI's from a functional design specification; which will include; process instrumentation, variable speed drives and power related equipment
- Ensure all electrical design work is properly planned, managed and signed off
- This will mainly be office based but there are occasions where you will be on site visits and commissioning the equipment when required
Requirements for the role
- Able to write detailed functional design specifications
- Practical knowledge of PLC systems (preferably Siemens TIA Portal and Rockwell Allen Bradley RSLogix systems)
- A working knowledge of Thermal Equipment, gas circuits, pneumatics and hydraulic circuits would be ideal
- Practical knowledge of panel wiring and site wiring installations would be ideal.
- Applications are welcome from Electrical Design Engineers who have a genuine desire to lead, manage and motivate a team of engineers
If you are an experience Electrical Designer, looking to make an impact in a stable and growing company then please apply through this link or alternatively please call Zandy at our Birmingham Branch for more information
Encore Personnel are an Equal Opportunities Employer. Specialist Recruiters in the Technical/engineering, Industrial, Driving, Energy, Professional and Contact Services sectors. Supplying nationally. Encore offer a "refer a friend" reward scheme where you could receive a gift of up to GBP500.