Assistant Regulatory Reporting Accountant
Competitive Salary & Benefits package, including 27 days' holiday, pension and healthcare.
To support ongoing growth ReAssure are looking to recruit a dedicated Assistant Regulatory Accountant to join our Solvency II reporting team within the Finance function. The position will preferably be based in Telford on a permanent basis. This vacancy represents an opportunity to join one of Telfords largest employers, within an ever-changing environment where you will discover the potential to perform and grow.
You will be responsible for ensuring that Reassure delivers high quality external reporting to its key stakeholders, including our reporting to the Bank of England. In particular you will ensure accurate and compliant reporting of our With Profit Funds. You will have the opportunity to develop your finance career through exposure to a dynamic range of reporting requirements, systems and processes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparing Solvency II reporting for key internal and external partners;
- Preparing reporting MI for senior decision makers;
- Ongoing improvements to finance system and process;
- Liaison with internal and external auditors; and
- Operation of key financial controls in line with departmental control processes.
- Implementation projects such as reporting on acquired companies or new business
Key skills/experience required:
- Part qualified accountant with 3 years in a finance role;
- Good knowledge of financial reporting standards and ideally Solvency II; and
- Experience/knowledge in financial services reporting, ideally to include experience of working in insurance.
Founded in 1963, ReAssure is a life and pensions company which buys and administers closed books of business from other companies. Built on a 2000-strong team with a wide range of skills and experience, there's one constant running through the ReAssure business - 'Change'. Join us and you'll have opportunity to drive our growth and progress through your own success.
ReAssure is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to hiring a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills; and creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age