Commercial Lead Officer
Job Title Commercial Lead Officer
Our Reference J3685
Employment Term Permanent
Location Plough Lane Hereford
Salary(Min\Max) GBP41846.00 - GBP45911.00
Job Category Other
Location: Unit 3 Thorn Business Park
Hours per Week: 37
Closing Date: 06/06/2019
Salary: GBP42,683- GBP46,829
The council are seeking to recruit a Commercial Lead to support the contract management of the council's major infrastructure and construction projects, the individual will be required to have a range of experience within the commercial environment, within infrastructure and construction sector.
The role will require close working with the council's strategic providers and key stakeholders, to assess value for money and promote continuous improvement. The Commercial Lead will provide a key role within the Contract Management Team and support the Commercial and Contracts Manager.
As a Commercial Lead your day to day remit includes
- Supporting the Commercial & Contracts Manager in the execution of contract management activities.
- Lead contract and commercial meetings and supports the Commercial & Contracts Manager in developing relevant materials, actions, risk mitigation, assessing value for money and review governance decisions.
- To undertake regular audits of the providers key contract management records
- To manage commercial risks and issues
- To assess change management and provide support to the contracts team
- To develop benchmarking system and regular review
- Assessing proposals and cost estimates
- Report writing
- Leading on the assessment of payment applications
- Preparing financial and commercial reports for senior management
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered. All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria of the job are guaranteed an interview.
Benefits with Herefordshire Council
Holidays: 25 days per year plus 2 days unpaid at Christmas (pro rata for part time)
Pension: LGS pension scheme
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must apply online for this vacancy, we do not accept emailed CV'S.
Please specify whether you have a disability.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: