Head of Internal Audit
Churchill Howard are working exclusively with a leading listed organisation to recruit a Head of Audit. The role of Head of Audit will work closely with the Chief Financial Officer and the senior management team based at their Head Office.
The team are professional but personable and the audit function is small but growing and is well perceived by the business. This role would therefore suit someone (with the requisite experience) who is looking for a step up from a managerial role to a more hands on strategic role.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
* Maintaining the internal audit function in an effective, value-adding department whilst retaining a business partnership with the Audit Committee Chair and Committee itself.
* Working closely with the board and executive management team. Demonstrating and giving confidence in managing difficult issues, whilst maintaining the integrity of the function.
* Build relationships with finance teams across the global business, demonstrating flexibility in order to build a rapport in various cultures and leadership styles.
* Demonstrate strong written and verbal skills, look to continually improve. Become a trusted contributor and reviewer of the annual reports.
* Development and deliver an audit plan which balances the need for assurance over accounting risks. This includes accounting judgements and compliance within the group reporting manual guidelines, whilst also generating commercial outputs, such as improvements in working capital management.
* Oversight and management of internal audit resources including the mentoring and management of both in-house internal audit and finance staff, and outsourced service providers.
* Risk assessment and best practice.
* Support the business with projects such as technical analysis involving i.e. IFRS 15 and fraudulent reporting alerts within the subsidiaries.
* Maintain and develop the controls framework.
* Involvement in commercial projects across the group's subsidiaries.
To be considered for the role you should have 5 years+ relevant experience in audit, risk management or similar areas.
You will have a degree and be ACA/ACCA/ICAS or equivalent.
You will also have significant experience in a managerial role or experience in managing projects involving people.
You should be open and flexible to travel both in the UK and internationally at c30% / year.
In return you will be joining a fantastic business with a great working environment, with modern offices and a work life balance which will allow you to continue with your own development and help shape the team and business.
Applicants of all ages and backgrounds with the relevant skills and experience are encouraged to apply. Churchill Howard acts in its capacity as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for temporary recruitment.