Purchase Ledger Supervisor
Purchase Ledger Supervisor opportunity with George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust
Hays Accountancy & Finance is proud to be working in partnership with George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust who are looking to recruit a Purchase Ledger Supervisor to join their finance team. The George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust provides hospital and community-based services to around 350,000 people in Nuneaton, Bedworth, North Warwickshire, South West Leicestershire and North Coventry.
Their vision is to 'excel at patient care', they are an ever evolving clinically-led acute service provider who are on a journey to continually provide high quality, safe and responsive services delivered by inspiring, friendly and compassionate staff who share their corporate values which underpin everything they do. Their values are not just words on a piece of paper, they bond them together, reflect their ambition and shape who they are: As the Purchase Ledger Supervisor, you will be responsible for both purchase invoice processing and supervision of two staff.
- Ensure that all daily external post received in relation to the section is distributed and processed within the finance function efficiently and within the Department's timescales.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating a spreadsheet relating to all invoices received without an official order number and liaising with the supplier to inform them of delay in payment being made.
- Highlight and investigate any discrepancies or unusual activity found on invoices.
- Verify and validate all invoices/credit notes and statements received.
- Identify and amend any VAT incorrectly posted.
- Payment runs
- Responsible for ensuring that the weekly medical staffing invoice and monthly medical agency self-bill invoices are prepared and processed.
- Responsible for producing the creditor figures for the quarterly and annual financial returns in relation to the NHS Agreement of Balances.
- Responsibility for planning and organizing the work schedule of the team.
- Responsible for the first stage approval of timesheets and annual leave requests for the Accounts Payable team.
- Responsible for ensuring that the team skills are maintained and are trained adequately.
- Hold regular reviews/meetings with the team or on a one to one basis
In return they are offering an on-site nursery which is a payable service, 27 days minimum annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, cycle to work scheme, flexible working, on-site discounted gym, extensive in-house course learning directory, buying and selling of annual leave, subsidised restaurant, tranquillity garden and generous subsidised on-site parking.
This is a great opportunity for a finance professional to work for an organisation who offer a great and friendly place to work and who make a real difference to people's lives every day. #JoinTeamEliot
For more information about the role and organisation please contact Rachel Cusk at Hays Coventry who is the retained consultant working in partnership with George Eliot.
Closing date for all applications will be on: Monday 2nd September
Interviews will commence on: Thursday 12th September