Head of Finance
SF Recruitment are currently looking for a Group Finance Director to join an innovative business based in Erdington.
The purpose of the role is to:
- Assist the Group Finance Director (GFD) in the leadership and direction of the financial services of the Group, giving guidance on all financial and funding issues for the Group.
- Manage the finance team and the provision of financial services to the company ensuring these are effectively managed and provided.
- Manage the team of Management Accountants in the preparation of accurate reporting in line with the organisation's business partnering model/
- Assist the GFD in the preparation of Group business plan, Group financial statements and other corporate documents as required.
- Assist the GFD in the preparation of management and statutory accounts of the Group and subsidiaries and in the delivery of the treasury strategy.
The successful candidate must have:
- Previous experience of working at a senior level with a proven record of effective communication, staff management, and strong commercial acumen.
- Demonstrable evidence in leading, managing and inspiring staff.
- Experience of working in a high quality, high performing and service focussed organisation with demonstrable evidence of KPI monitoring and reporting.
- IT skills - Word , Excel, SUN, Q&A, Proactis and other relevant systems.
Demonstrable ability to:
- Build internal and external relationships
- Establish and maintain effective systems
- Organise own time and prioritise workloads
- Draft letters and memos
- Work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Comprehensive understanding of the challenges facing social housing and the innovative funding opportunities available
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills