Our client , a leading railway infrastructure supplier, is seeking a Cost Analyst to join their team based in Rugby.
The ideal candidate will be organised with excellent communication skills, who enjoys working as a part of a team
The purpose of the role is to provide a cost control function to ensure that all costs are captured and where possible to be recovered. You will be liaising with various stakeholders and working closely with the Operations Manager to ensure that all costs are tracked and kept to an absolute minimum, ensuring that costs that can be recovered under the work arising or warranty processes.
- Maintain robust spreadsheets and electronic filing processes and systems which includes FAMS and Summit systems. Compile reports weekly on costs for review with the operations manager.
- Devise and implement processes to improve effective cost control and recovery
- Manage and maintain the weekly cost database for hotels, travel expenditure, fleet hire, taxis, external / internal route conductors, analysing the database, providing the operations manager with detailed information.
- Manage and maintain the KPI database
- Manage and maintain the material requisition database (MRD) ensuring that parts, tools and consumables are tracked and recover costs if appropriate.
- Ensure that all work files and records are maintained and updated in an efficient manner and archived as necessary.
- FAMS system
- Summit system