Mechanical Design Engineer
Job Title : Mechanical Design Engineer
Sector: Manufacturing and Engineering
Location: Coventry base
Salary: GBP40k (Neg depending on experience) Pension, Medical Benefits, Expenses
Permanent Full Time- (Working Hours: Monday - Thursday 8am - 4.30pm, Friday 8am - 3.30pm)
Keywords relating to this position: Mechanical Design, Autodesk inventor, 3d CAD, Machine tools
A well established company based in Coventry produces Machine tools that are in high demand throughout the world. Their unique offering, coupled together with their spare parts and service division means they are now about to move into brand new larger premises and double their workforce.
Part of this expansion means they are now looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
Typical duties will involve
- Creating designs from initial concept to drawings and BOM's for manufacture.
- Regenerate & Update old & new drawing formats on the CAD system database to standardise drawings where possible.
- Improve and update existing designs to achieve the use of common components, improve quality and reduce assembly times and cost.
- Design new products including grinding machines, sub-assemblies, fixtures, loading mechanisms and tooling.
- Design of gear systems, slide ways, machine bases, hydraulic and pneumatic systems etc.
- 3D CAD Modelling and Drafting on Autodesk Inventor 2015 creating drawings of manufactured components and castings.
- Calculating forces (inertia, torque, etc.).
- Preparation of documentation for manufacture and assembly i.e. drawings, bills of materials etc???
This position requires a well-motivated, confident Mechanical Design Engineer ideally with experience in the following:
- Experience of working as a Mechanical Design Engineer with A strong background in 3D Cad Design, FEA, geometric and dimensional tolerances.
- Relevant qualification i.e. HNC, HND or Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- The company can offer a very secure future and you will have the opportunity to grow your career. If this sounds like the sort of role you can sink your teeth into please apply addressing your application to Zandy Houghton based in our Birmingham branch
Encore Personnel are an Equal Opportunities Employer. Specialist Recruiters in the Technical/engineering, Industrial, Driving, Energy, Professional and Contact Services sectors. Supplying nationally. Encore offer a "refer a friend" reward scheme where you could receive a gift of up to GBP500.