Database Engineer - SQL Developer - DBA
Database Engineer / SQL Developer / DBA /MySQL 5.x /Amazon RDS - Birmingham - GBP50kDOE
We are an award winning leading provider of content protection solutions to the media and entertainment industry, specialising in video security, and providing integrated technology products and security services to a global client base, which includes many of the world's largest pay-tv broadcasters and OTT platforms, as well as content owners such as television and movie producers.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Database Engineer to join our DevOps team offering the opportunity to work on a large-scale cloud-hosted application in use by many major global media companies from satellite / cable broadcasters to sports rights owners and movie studios.
This role reports to the DevOps Team Leader, and will be based in our Birmingham office. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining the company's cloud-based database services while making continued service improvements as part of a rapidly growing technical organisation.
- MySQL 5.x (ideally Percona Tools)
- Amazon RDS - Aurora and MySQL
- Ubuntu / Linux
- BEng / MEng / BSc / MSc in relevant subject or equivalent experience.
- Extensive technical experience in MySQL database administration and management.
- Solid understanding of replication and clustering techniques and technologies.
- Experience in database environment life cycle management and support of production, staging and development environments.
- Strong Linux experience with shell scripting skills.
- Experience with AWS database services including RDS and Aurora.
- Key technologies, skills and tools
- 25 days holiday plus bank holiday, rising with service up to 30 days after 10 years
- Day off for birthday or one day in month if falls on weekend
- Health insurance
- Flexible working hours (core 10-4.30) one hour lunch
If this sounds like you please send us your CV through the link, and we will give you a call for a confidential chat. Alternatively please give us a call at and ask for Cris, and we will be more than happy to go through the role in more details, with a view to arrange an interview with you.