Business Development Assistant
As an infrastructure specialist, Murphy directly employs more than 4,000 engineers, professional managers and skilled operatives across the world. We operate in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada, USA, Australia and the Middle East. We have a number of specialist capabilities such as pipelines, process, marine, tunnelling and piling, and we invest heavily in our substantial holding of plant, equipment and facilities.
Business Development Administrator - maternity cover
Murphy Utility Connections has an established reputation for installing gas, water, electricity and telecoms for residential and commercial developers throughout the UK. We work on construction projects of all sizes, from installing mains to altering or disconnecting services.
Along with giving our clients a single point of contact, we make sure the connection process is smooth and straightforward. Our multi-skilled teams provide clients with a truly all-inclusive service, laying all mains simultaneously in one visit.
The role of Business Development Administrator exists to support the business through the provision of high quality support, with a view to developing a career in business development.
- Be the initial point of business development for the organisation, taking our message to new clients via outbound telesales to drive opportunities and sales, likely 50% of your time
- Maintain accurate paper and computer-based records and filing systems to allow for thorough tracking of client data
- Through your own natural enthusiasm and drive, seek out opportunities that conventional business development efforts may have missed
- Own the sales cycle from cradle to grave
- Client meetings
What we require of you:
- Previous experience in a telesales or business development role
- Utility Industry experience would be great, but is far from essential
- Proven track record in developing new customer relationships and leads
- Able to generate and maximise opportunities into successful sales
- Be willing and have the desire to improve on current situations. The capacity to review actions and to identify and communicate efficiency / process improvements
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under their own initiative
- Able to deliver results against set targets
- Excellent verbal and oral communication
- Good time management and scheduling skills
- Able to work in a pressured environment
- You'll be passionate about sales, professional in your approach, and really care about the work that you do