A Senior Design Engineer is required on a contract basis to join an industry leading engineering and manufacturing business.
Are you experienced in engine and transmissions programmes? Do you have the capabilities to be successful in a fast paced team? If you are looking for an exciting new opportunity, then this is the job for you!
Shrewsbury is currently undertaking a major upgrade of its existing V12 engine and has a requirement for a senior engineer to develop concept designs through to a production intent standard. Initially, this will be a 9 month contract, with the individual reporting to the Engineering Manager for design, but will work within a multi-disciplinary engineering project team.
The incumbent will play an integral role within V12 engineering team, taking responsibility for developing concepts of the integration of a new fuel system through to a production intent standard.
The incumbent would be responsible for:
- Developing design concepts to a production intent standard.
- Working with technical project engineer to ensure design release timing adherence.
- Arranging and presenting technical solutions at cross functional design reviews.
- Creating and releasing drawings of complex components.
Required Skills and Experience
- Engine design experience at both a component and sub-system level. It would be advantageous to have experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Fuel system integration
- Valve mechanism design
- In cylinder component design (piston & conrod)
- Design of castings
- Demonstrable knowledge of PTC Creo 4.
- Demonstrable detail drawing knowledge including use of GD&T on a wide range of components.
- Ability to liaise with other functions within CSL facility - Purchase, inspection, operations.
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.