Quality Engineer / Manager
We're looking for an experienced Quality Manager to work for a busy specialist plating company in Wolverhampton. Our client provides a service to the Aerospace, Automotive, Oil and Gas, Petrochemical and Pharmaceutical industries. As well as having defence contracts. If you are looking for a new challenge then this could be the role for you
THE JOB ROLE
- Ability to read Engineering Drawings and or data cards
- Engineering Dimensional Metrology (measurement to microns).
- Problem Solving
- 8D, 5 whys, Fish bone Diagram knowledge preferred.
- Chemical Analysis, making of additions and monitoring of processes plus preparation of test pieces
- Statistical Process Control (SPC), Measurement systems Analysis (MSA)
- Creation of Process Control Plans, Procedures, Work Instructions, FMEA's, Report Writing required
- Ability to create and follow Procedures, Work Instructions, Process Records, Process Flow diagrams is essential.
- Attend Management meetings where necessary and provide information and reports required by Senior Management Team in a timely fashion.
- Calibration system Management essential.
- F.A.I. reporting to AS 9102.
- Techniques for knowledge transfer of key improvement opportunities required
- Chair Management Review meetings to review QMS performance.
Hours of Work 06.00 - 14.00 and 12.00 - 21.00 Rotated
Salary GBP30,000 - GBP35,000 depending on experience.
EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of X-ray Fluorescence and Couloscope operation preferred
- Health and Safety Knowledge essential
- COSHH knowledge essential
- AS9100/BS EN ISO 9001 and NADCAP Systems experience essential
- Computer literate with knowledge of MS Word and Excel essential
- Knowledge of Lean 6 Sigma experience, Housekeeping 5S.