Assistant Management Accountant
Assistant Accountant | Tamworth | GBP20,000-GBP23,000
Macildowie Finance is recruiting an Management Accounting position for a large business in the Tamworth area. The position offers full study support.
The position will allow the successful candidate to take full ownership of one of the business's entire P&L's and offer development through full core accounting exposure, a medium sized and tenured team to learn from and excellent development opportunities. I am pleased to say the vacancy has come about through the growth of the company and an impressive set of financial results.
The business experienced a brilliant 2018, turning over in excess of GBP1.35bn and are looking to continue their successes into 2019.
This is a genuinely brilliant opportunity for a studying junior accountant to make an intelligent and progressive step in their career.
The finance team will be playing an active part in leading and supporting the company in achieving its business objectives and revenue targets by providing key financial insight and control; whilst driving improvements to the operation and financial processes.
So what is the job?
- Produce monthly management accounts and reconciliations for a large group entity and other smaller entities
- Update cash-flow forecasts on a weekly and monthly basis
- Produce VAT returns for consolidation
- Produce, along with the finance team, Financial Management Information and important
- To gain a good level of understanding of the operation of the finance function
What are you like?
- Early stage CIMA/ACCA student
- Understanding of financial fundamentals
- Good level of Excel, including pivot tables, vlookups, Sumifs
- Well organised with excellent attention to detail
- Flexible and able to adapt to different tasks
- Desire to ensure tasks are seen through to completion
- Proactive, challenging nature
- Hold a full driving licence, as some travel may be required between offices
- Team player
Package - GBP20,000 - GBP23,000 + Study Support
If you want to join an industry leading business with potential to grow into a bigger role then give Tom a call today, lets start the conversation and tell you more about this great job.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at .
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.