Our client is a long-established Chartered Accountancy firm based in the Stoke on Trent area. They are looking for an experienced Bookkeeper to join their friendly team on a temporary to permanent basis. They pride themselves on providing bespoke bookkeeping services to their diverse range of clients and as such you will be professional, knowledgeable and a real people-person, as you will be visiting clients on-site.
You will be responsible for providing a full range of bookkeeping services to clients, visiting their premises (all of which are local to the area). Duties for the Bookkeeper role will include:
- Purchase and sales ledger maintenance
- Aged creditors reporting and analysis
- VAT return preparation
- Bank reconciliation
- Nominal coding
- Hitting account deadlines
- Maintaining client records
- Checking company bank statements
Candidate requirements for the Bookkeeper role are:
- Previous accounts / bookkeeping experience, ideally within an accountancy practice
- Fully AAT qualified or Qualified by Experience within a practice environment
- Ability to use a variety of accountancy packages (Experience of Sage is essential. Experience of Xero and Quickbooks advantageous)
- Excellent people skills and professionalism as you will be visiting client's premises to complete bookkeeping for them (they are all local to the area).
This role would suit people who also have the following experience: Accounts Assistant, Book Keeping, Book keeper, Practice Accounts, Accounts Clerk.
Hours: Flexible - will consider part time or full-time hours. Full time hours are between 8.45am - 5.00pm and they offer flexi-time
Salary: GBP22,000 - GBP25,000 per annum (pro rata if part time)
Brampton Recruitment are an independent Commercial and Accounts & Finance recruitment agency working in partnership with employers spanning Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, Cheshire, and the Greater Manchester region.