Senior Commercial Manager
Job Title - Senior Commercial Manager
Location - Birmingham
Rates - Up To GBP345.26 per day (PAYE) and Up To GBP395.43 per day (LTD/Umbrella)
In Scope of IR35
About the role / project:
In this role you will be looking after a portfolio of 5-6 projects and will be responsible for taking them all the way from development to close. The role is a mix of pre and post contract management and contract values will range from GBP200,000 to GBP30million.
What you will do:
- You will be responsible for establishing and implementing appropriate commercial strategies including effective project cost management and providing feedback into subsequent procurement processes.
- You will be responsible for the commercial management of framework agreements and supporting contracts leading the commercial review of contractor delivery, attending valuation & progress meetings as necessary.
- You will initiate estimating and risk & value management of projects in a timely manner during the project life-cycle, recommending appropriate mitigating actions on commercial/risk events at the earliest opportunity.
- You will lead the negotiation of all prices under existing contracts/framework agreements (including the negotiation of target costs) and fully participate in the associated Quantitative Risk Assessment and Value Management Workshops.
- You will be responsible for monitoring and managing all project reporting such that it is accurately maintained and recorded in accordance with company reporting systems. Explain all variances to outturns, period forecasts, AFCs and budget/authority to Finance & Commercial Director [Region] / Programme Commercial Manager/Programme Director, proposing mitigating actions at the earliest opportunity.
- You will provide pro-active expertise, advice and governance on all contract/scope changes in accordance with change control systems, recommending or authorising appropriate action within delegated authority and progressing the timely resolution of contract variations.
- You will manage all commercial correspondence and contractual notices issued in accordance with contractual conditions to confirm whether Network Rail's contractual position is clearly defined.
- You will identify emerging problems, report contractual claims & support in the management and resolution of legal and/or commercial disputes in conjunction with Regional/Functional management as appropriate.
- You will establish appropriate compliance controls and audit regimes to achieve adherence to Network Rail's relevant procedures, Group and company standards.
- You will lead the final account settlements on all projects to manage close out as per the project authority, project plan and within agreed timescales. Monitor all multi-year framework agreements, to agreement and reconciled annual accounts within 6 months of each year-end.
- You will support demonstration of efficiencies and continual improvement of estimating by undertaking cost analysis of completed projects and feedback as per Cost Allocation Feedback process.
Your experience will include:
- Strong background in commercial management.
- Experienced in cost reporting, contract administration and negotiation with suppliers.
- Rail experience is essential.
- Network Rail experience is desirable, but a good understanding of Network Rail contracts would suffice.
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
What you'll get in return
Network Rail (powered by Capita), understand what it is like to work as a contractor and do everything they can to make it a simple process for you - this includes a dedicated Onboarding and extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client - Network Rail
Network Rail is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. We are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years we will be spending around GBP23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.