Customer Services Supervisor Customs - 36251
Title: Customer Services Supervisor
Contract Position based at: Whitley
The role is to cover the start of our Brexit strategy in the event that the UK leaves the EU without a deal, or under circumstances where a Customs declaration is needed for import and exports. You will be answering calls from customers of all levels regarding customs queries, so a knowledge of freight forwarding and customs would be very beneficial.
- Support the preparation of Customs Declarations in accordance with defined processes at Customs
- Assist with the review of backing documentation to ensure compliance with appropriate tax law e.g. check of validity of invoices, calculations on backing spreadsheet, and highlighting points of concern to more senior staff
- Support the process on month end customs submissions to ensure all adjustments required are posted in an accurate and timely manner before final input
- Reconciliations of company Customs entries ensuring that all entries are both understood in terms of the transactional background
- Carry out all work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Follow a script of FAQs to support enquiries
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
- Have worked in a Freight Forwarders, Carriers, Hauliers or Customs office
- English GCSE Grade C or equivalent
- Computer Skills
- Ability to effectively interpret and communicate base data and input into JLR systems
- Good analytical skills with an attention to detail
- Excel skills
- Good Telephone manner
- Good Communication skills
Experience of GTSSAP
Some knowledge of Customs formalities
English GCSE Grade C or equivalent
Shift work will be required so the rate has been increased to incorporate shift premium. You can choose between two shifts: 7am-3pm or 11am-7pm.
If you are interested in this position please APPLY NOW. For more information contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Le Recruitment on .
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.