Programme Manager - Defence
Programme Manager - Defence
- GBP75,000 to GBP85,000 Basic
- Excellent Benefits Package Car / Pension / Health etc
- Home Office, Mobile, Laptop, Healthcare
- Prospects to Programme Director
- International Precision Engineering Group
- Mechanical Engineering / Flow Control
- Location - Birmingham
This market leading precision engineering company are a World Leader in their field, servicing international Defence and Naval Marine markets. They are part of a renowned major engineering group. They have experienced rapid growth in recent years, which has naturally created its own strains on manufacturing and project delivery. As a result of this exponential growth they are now looking to completely revolutionise how they deliver multimillion complex engineering projects across the World. You will be a highly qualified experienced PM and Leader; you will look to overhaul the whole project management function bringing in innovative and robust practices and standards in keeping with a World leading organisation, servicing very demanding international defence markets. You will take full responsibility for delivering all projects on time within scope and budget.
You will be managing and leading a team of Project Managers, you will ensure outstanding delivery is maintained and the highest standards and best practice is imbedded into this company as a core competency. Focussing on process development you will ensure the project management function is fully accountable. You will be leading the delivery of multimillion-pound complex precision engineering projects; you will be managing customer expectations at senior level; as a client facing ambassador of the company outstanding communication and a high degree of commercial acumen is a must.
The Programme Manager will lead and drive the project function liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure all projects delivered on time and in budget. As an active member of the management team you will influence and drive improvements across the business. Creating an outstanding project management framework, with a robust document process. You will be a change enabler empahasising continuous improvement whilst allocating the correct resources across complex global projects.
- Experienced qualified Project Manager from engineering / manufacturing APMP or Prince 2
- Degree Educated
- Defence and Marine Experience
- Precision / Mechanical Engineering Experience
- Defence standards and accreditation knowledge
- Experience with Deffstan and Deffcon defence standards desirable
- World Class Communication and Leadership qualities
- Dynamic and driven, "can do" attitude
- Our client is looking for a big hitter with gravitas and Kudos
- Change Management Driven
Please click on the apply button or contact Jonathan Sallis at Mercury Hampton directly. We aim to respond to all successful applicants within two working days.