Area Support Technician / Service Delivery Technician
Job Title: Area Support Technician
Location: Central to Rugby
Salary: circa GBP20,000 per annum plus a car allowance
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is the UK's leading operator of Point of Care software and services, with over 20 years experience in the field. Their solutions are used in more than 130 hospital sites across the NHS, offering patient media and Wi-Fi.
Their Area Support Technicians (ASTs) are customer facing technical contacts for a local 'cluster' of Hospitals that host their services and equipment. The role involves interacting with customers at the bedside in Hospital and with Ward staff and other contacts on the site.
Although you will be part of a team, each AST has operational responsibility for their designated cluster, and should be self driven and committed to the maintenance and success of their services within their cluster. Practical technical skills are key, but soft skills are also vital in this role where you will be working closely with our customers and NHS staff.
Local travel will be required to all hospital sites in your designated cluster.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for managing your own working schedule with support from your Team Leader. Working to targets to complete your daily work schedule
- Carrying out Health and Safety checks to ensure equipment is fit for purpose
- Carrying out checks on faulty Bedside Units to minimise customer service disruption and maximise uptime
- Working closely with the Maintenance and Repair team and Regional Engineers as required to resolve faults that cannot be easily fixed at the bedside
- Regularly monitoring Vending Machine usage and ensuring they are working
- Monthly decommissioning, reconciliation and banking of Vending Machines
- Low level fault resolution to site systems, for example server restarts or satellite receiver reboots
- Frequent engagement with customers (patients, their friends and family) supporting with the use of the service and to resolve any problems or escalate these if required
- Managing customer expectations in a professional and polite manner
- Regular engagement with Ward staff to build rapport and encourage them to raise awareness of the services
- Working as part of a team with other ASTs and other areas of the business such as the Customer Call Centre
- Completing end of day reporting and checks
- Providing cover for other nearby clusters in the Region as required
- Demonstrated logical, hands on, practical approach to electrical and mechanical problems
- Clear competence with a range of hand tools and electrical testing kit to identify system faults
- Demonstrated experience of providing high levels of customer service, including listening to feedback and complaints and delivering swift pragmatic solutions
- A Disciplined, discreet and professional approach to work
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise effectively and work to deadlines
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical people
- Computer literate, including knowledge of basic packages such as MS Office Word and Excel and good keyboard skills
- Ability to prepare and produce professional reports
- Flexibility of working hours. There is an element of out of hours cover required for regional health and safety matters, for which call out allowances will be paid
- Full UK driving license with your own car
- Previous experience of working with Vending Machines and payphones
- Previous experience of cash handling
- Experience of working within the Audio-Visual Industry
- Experience of working with cabling / infrastructure
- Relevant Telecommunications / IT experience
Normal hours of work are based on a shift pattern, working 40 hours per week, between the hours of 8am and 6pm. They are operational 7 days a week therefore weekend working may be required.
Statutory Bank Holidays are normal working days at their Hospital sites.
This role will require attendance at site in the event of a code red call-out outside of normal working hours, in line with the current Out of Hours procedure.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Customer Support, Customer Service Executive, Customer Service Representative, Customer Service Administrator, Business Administration, Business Administration Support, Admin Support, Administrative, Client Service, Customer Services, Customer Assistant, Customer Service Consultant, Customer Advisor, Customer Service, Application Support Officer, Application Support, IT Application Support, may also be considered for this role.