Principal Test & Development Engineer
New opportunity - Principal Test and Development Engineer. We are recruiting on behalf of a global transmission's consultancy who work on various projects for a variety of industries including leading automotive OEM/ Tier 1 customers, off highway, industrial and aerospace clients throughout the UK and US.
Supporting the head of test and development you will play an integral part of the team. Assuming technical leadership of major mechanical and cross functional powertrain projects through accurate resource planning, risk management and combining the expert knowledge from within the development & test function and other areas of the company. The successful applicant will take overall responsibility of major projects.
You will have at least 8 years experience of vehicle and rig based powertrain testing, as well as:
- Degree educated in mechanical or electrical engineering. Or equivalent experience and track record.
- Excellent understanding of automotive transmission test techniques, instrumentation and automotive electronics
- Programming knowledge - Simulink, Visual Basic, Labview
- Experience leading large and/or multi-disciplinary projects
- Strong interpersonal skills to work within internal teams and with customers
- Experience of testing automotive hybrid/electric vehicle systems (Desirable)
If you believe that the above relates to you and you would like to work for a specialist global transmissions consultancy, please apply now!
Reference number: 7638
FMC contact for this role: James Watson