Are you looking for an exciting opportunity as a Maintenance Technician? Do you have a background working in a fast paced manufacturing environment? Have you got a good eye for detail? If you are seeking an exciting challenge then this is the role for you!
We are recruiting for a Maintenance Technician to join a dedicated and skilled team, whilst working for an industry leading manufacturing business. You will need previous experience in a similar role with experience in HELLER CNC machining and engine test facilities.
This role will offer the chance to take real ownership over your work and make a real difference to the success of the team and company.
- 12 month contract
- Weekly pay
- Pension contributions
- Holiday pay
- Access to a high street store discount app
- To support the shift maintenance team, drive a continuous improvement culture in every activity and demand high safety standards in every area
- Make the CPS a part of the everyday maintenance activity
- Deliver fast, effective electrical / mechanical fault finding by investigating the root cause of failures and put corrective measures into action
- The completion of TPM activities across the site
- Create and maintain maintenance records
- Ensure all planned maintenance is up to date, planned in and communicated
- Actively manage safety issues, communicate to the business what actions need to be undertaken to ensure that the plant/site is maintained in a safe working condition
- Keep all engineering working areas clean and tidy by applying 5S principles
- To maximise the in-house engineering skills to deliver Electrical / Fabrication / Mechanical modifications where ever possible
- Ensuring skills are developed within the maintenance team by effectively communicating and organise knowledge exchanges
- Identify / implement improvement projects in Safety, PPM, Waste reduction and plant performance
- Create / maintain spares inventory's and maximise the spare parts stores
- Be available to give technical assistance by phone when required
- Participate in all investment and development projects where appropriate
- Working with contractors and various support functions
- Supporting the Group Managers in the day to day operation of the plant
- Shift co-ordination / activity planning and work prioritisation
- Carrying out effective shift hand overs and communication across all functions within the business
- Maintaining records within the CMMS (Calibrations, inspections, repairs, modifications and breakdowns)
- Carry out routine inspections and testing on plant operating systems
- Evaluate the quantity and availability of spare parts required to be in stock to ensure high levels of equipment performance and availability, advise the Asset Management Team of future requirements and work closely with the onsite MRO supplier
- Identify training requirements in order to achieve continuous personal development
- Qualified time served apprenticeship trained Multi-Skilled Engineer (preferably) with an Electrical bias and strong mechanical skills
- Track record of delivering sustainable improvements across multiple areas including Safety, PPM, Waste Reduction and Plant performance within an FMCG or manufacturing environment
- Experience in Heller CNC machining and engine test facilities or similar manufacturing equipment a distinct advantage.
- To work at a competent level of expertise with PLC's, robotics within machining (ABB assembly handling), hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical systems and process control software
- 18th edition IEE wiring regulations certificate preferable
- Must be self-motivated, have a can-do attitude to take ownership of issues / deliver sustainable improvements and be an effective team player with the ability to communicate across all functions within business
- Previous training / skills in PLC's, Inverters, Pumps, Fluid systems, Paint booths, FLT, IPAF, PASMA, IOSH / NEBOSH or Abrasive Wheels a distinct advantage
- Willing to work a 3 shift system and be flexible to work weekends when required
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.