Customer Support Executive
This is a rare opportunity for an accomplished and confident Business to Business Customer Service professional to join a long established Edgbaston based employer in this pivotal and proactive customer engagement role.
Hours: 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday
Reporting to: Department Team Leader
Location: Edgbaston, Birmingham
To provide customer engagement, onboarding and retention activities, through inbound and outbound telephone based support, with occasional face-to-face engagement.
This is a customer service role, with a strong element of consultative sales - in return for your strong customer service and sales expertise you can expect a modern and friendly team environment, working for an organisation that prides itself on building and retaining long term working relationships within customers and internal colleagues.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Answer inbound calls from existing customers, providing accurate and up-to-date information about member services and providing excellent customer service.
- Make outbound calls to b2b customers and potential customers to inform them of the benefits of membership and to engage them in joining or expanding on the current services they use
- Ensure all reference materials (including the member area of the website) are accurate and up to date, communicating with Team Leader if they're not
- Database administration - update member records (contact name, email, telephone numbers etc.) and proactively seek to cleanse data at all opportunities.
- Manage customer membership subscription renewals and encourage Direct Debit payments.
- Manage the 'onboarding' of prospective members, ensuring they receive followup information and guide them through the sign-up process.
- Providing assistance and support to Regional Membership Managers
- Maintain records and produce reports using inhouse system and MS Office
- General administration duties
- Meet or exceed targets, KPIs and activity standards.
Person Specification /Experience
- Customer service and support
- Working towards, and achievement of targets and goals
- Proven sales experience including telesales, direct sales or consultative selling
- Clear, confident and concise telephone manner
- Excellent customer service and sales skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise and work on own initiative
- Complaints handling
- Willing and able to travel independently
- Target driven
This role is currently vacant - priority will be given to candidates with a flexible notice period.
*High Meadow Recruitment is working on a Consultancy basis for the client*