Assistant Manager, Treasury and Prudential Risk Assurance/Advisory
Within Deloitte, you will have the opportunity to join a business focused on serving a wide range of Financial Institutions with interesting and fast developing business and regulatory challenges.
The team has grown exponentially over the past 6 years providing deep financial risk management experience and innovative solutions to global, national and regional financial services institutions. The team specialises in regulatory reporting, risk management framework implementation, stress testing, Asset & Liability management, regulatory business plans and other regulatory documentation, balance sheet optimisation, assistance in setting up of challenger Banks, and risk and treasury systems implementation.
Being an Assistant Manager in Treasury and Prudential Risk Assurance / Advisory, you will have the opportunity to lead teams as a technical specialist as well as broadening your knowledge across the different areas within Treasury and Prudential.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
We are in the market for talented individuals to join the fast expanding Treasury and Prudential Risk team within the Regional Financial Services practice. The role will involve travel, but this can be managed based on individual circumstances.
Strong communication and client management skills are key elements to this role as you will be advising senior personnel on a day to day basis. You will support the delivery of projects, taking responsibility for the management of the project and client expectations. You will take a proactive role in developing and maintaining deep client relationships and securing new opportunities.
We are focused on ensuring that your market leading financial services, treasury and prudential regulation knowledge are used to create a career path that matches your expectations. We will provide on-going training and experience to allow you to grow and develop your specialism in a market leading Financial Services practice.
- Supporting consulting projects including the provision of strategic advice and project delivery related to treasury, liquidity, capital, recovery planning, regulatory reporting, credit risk and more.
- Delivery of specialist internal audit covering a range of topics such as ALCO effectiveness, ILAAP, ICAAP, Recovery Planning, Pillar 3 Disclosures, Risk MI, Risk management framework, treasury MI, treasury systems and controls, interest rate risk, cash forecasting and many other treasury and regulatory topics.
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when working in diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
We are principally looking to hire into our Birmingham office but will also consider candidates based out of Manchester and Leeds.
This is apermanent full-time contract opportunity.
Your professional experience
- Some knowledge in at least one treasury or prudential regulation specialism.
- Familiar with elements of the PRA or FCA regulatory framework.
- Experience of working in an advisory role, as an in-house regulatory lead, in a business consultancy capacity or some internal audit experience would be of particular interest.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including oral/written communication & influencing skills.
- Ability to prioritise and ensure the delivery of projects to a high quality.
- Ability to maintain exceptional relationships with clients.
- Strong team player with good organisation, planning and leadership skills.
- Highly motivated, with a proven ability to work on own initiative within a challenging/dynamic work environment.
- An accounting or treasury professional qualification will be relevant to this role but is not essential if the relevant knowledge and experience can be demonstrated.
- Financial Services knowledge and experience is essential, either within banking, investment management or insurance.
Your service line: Audit & Assurance
In an industry best known for looking back, Deloitte looks beyond.
Our Audit & Assurance team understand the most important decisions are the ones we are yet to make. Crafting the future in an informed and clear-sighted way means understanding current conditions, as well as the trends that are shaping tomorrow. That is why we use our expertise in audit to show where things stand now, and to help inform the next step. With the assurance we provide, we help our clients to look ahead with strength and confidence across all of their accounting, regulatory and transaction needs.
Innovation is the key, underpinned by audit quality. You will be joining a diverse team of experts capable of delivering meaningful and durable change for both our clients and our profession.
For a full job description please visit our online Deloitte Careers portal.
Requisition code: 170601