Accounts Senior - Leading Accountancy Practice
Taylor Hawkes are working outstanding mid-tier accountancy firm based in Birmingham, the firm has built an extremely strong, respected and powerful presence. The firm continues to grow year on year and endeavour to find determined, talented and resourceful employees.
The role of Senior accountant requires the candidate to work on their own small portfolio of clients whilst also working with an appointed portfolio manager assisting with but not limited to; VAT returns, preparation of Statutory accounts, Client Ad-hoc queries and dealing with HMRC.
Ideally the candidate will have recently completed their ACCA or equivalent qualification or to have completed AAT with several years' experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and look after a small portfolio of clients
- Assist a portfolio manager
- Develop and maintain effective client relationships, including attending client premises as required
- Prepare financial statements and year end accounts for sole traders, partnerships, and limited companies
- Organise your flow of work, allocating assignments and managing your time as necessary taking into consideration your client deadlines and other constraints
- Ensure that work is delivered within budget and time requirements
- Prepare schedules for Tax returns
- Complete VAT returns, Company Accounts and CT600s
- Liaise with third parties as required (HMRC, mortgage brokers, other members of your team, payroll bureau, etc)
- Take part in client meetings as and when required
Skills, Qualifications and other Requirements:
- Preferably ACA/ACCA qualified with first time passes and a good academic record
- IRIS Accounts Production & Business Tax, IRIS Personal Tax, Excel, Word, Outlook, Sage, Xero
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Ability to work as part of a team, yet also work using own initiative.
- General Practice experience
- Ability to travel to client premises from time to time and between offices
For more information please contact Nathan Cutler at Taylor Hawkes