Tax Assistant / Semi Senior
Taylor Hawkes are currently recruiting on behalf of our client, a Top 100 firm who are recruiting for a Tax Semi Senior. The firm based in Birmingham are looking for a Tax Semi Senior to look after their own portfolio of private clients, supporting the Tax Manager and other tax colleagues with compliance work and ad hoc tax advisory work as required.
- Managing a portfolio of private clients (including individuals, sole traders, partnerships and trusts).
- Carrying out compliance work for personal and corporate clients of the firm.
- Liaising with clients as and when required.
- Ensuring clients are advised of impending deadlines.
- Identifying planning opportunities in respect of client's affairs.
- Dealing with HMRC enquiries.
- Dealing with HMRC as required by email, letter and telephone.
- Reviewing of P11Ds
- Training junior members of staff as required.
- Assisting the Tax Manager in managing the department's compliance process.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Studying towards (Latter stages) or ATT Qualified. (studying for CTA also considered)
- Good working knowledge of MS Office especially Word and Excel
- Knowledge of CCH Tax software and CCH Practice Management.
- At least 2 years working at assistant level in a professional firm
For more information please contact Ryan Munday at Taylor Hawkes.