Are you an experienced Financial Controller looking for a new challenge?
Wallis Lynch is working in partnership with a Warwickshire based client who are seeking an Inspiring Leader to drive the organisation through a period of change. This is a senior role within the organisational structure, reporting directly to the Finance Director.
You will be responsible for leading and managing the Financial Reporting, FP&A and Business Partnering functions within the finance team, which hold responsibility for tax, treasury, technical accounting, budgeting, forecasting and business partnering:
- Lead on all corporate and group finance matters - statutory accounts, financial reporting, treasury, taxation and insurances
- Mange the budgeting and financial planning process
- Ensure the accurate preparation of all financial statements for group companies including statutory accounts, returns, and monthly management accounts
- Ensure full tax compliance and reporting, including Corporation Tax and UK and international VAT returns
- Ensure accurate reporting processes
- Responsible for the delivery of projects reviewing and developing the financial systems and processes and delivering improvements in efficiency and the quality of service
- Support the FD and CFO in advising the organisation on financial and management issues and procedures to ensure that full information is available before decisions are taken
- Support with organisation wide compliance with Standing Financial Instructions, Framework Agreement,
- policies, HMRC regulations and any other relevant regulations
- Manage the day to day relationships with the internal and external auditors, tax advisors, bank and treasury
- Provide support on key initiatives such as restructuring, M&A and systems implementations
- Maintain strong relationships with Leadership Team, Senior Team members and stakeholders
- Responsible for effective business partner delivery
- Responsible for the day to day running of the Financial Reporting, FP&A and Business Partnering teams, including direct management of staff and planning of all Finance related activities
- Drives a significant step change in the organisations thinking and behaviours achieving improved levels of engagement and satisfaction with all stakeholders, partners and staff
- Supports the development of a culture of continuous improvement and learning
- Leading innovative approaches that differentiate services and deliver real measurable results
- Develops and supports evaluation and metrics programmes that monitor effectiveness
- Drives a performance culture that aspires to superior services in comparison to other UK and global organisations
You will be a fully qualified Accountant with previous experience of managing teams in a highly regulated or complex organisation, ideally within the Public Sector domain. Your ability to adopt a persuasive approach to challenge and influence both upwards and down the chain will be put to great use in this role. You will need to be able to demonstrate significant success in driving performance through your team and have strong examples of how you have driven change and business improvements.
In return our client is offering a base of GBP55,000 - GBP60,000 plus a benefits package in line with the seniority of the role that includes an excellent Pension, and BUPA.
This is a critical piece of recruitment as the organisation is about to embark on a period of culture and organisational change, now is your opportunity to join and be a key part of this journey alongside an inspirational Finance Director. Apply now to be considered or for a confidential discussion please contact Claire Maclachlan at Wallis Lynch on .
Wallis Lynch operates as an employment business and employment agency for the provision of temporary and permanent vacancies.